Companisto is the fastest-growing crowd investing platform in Europe. English-Team had the opportunity to talk to Kai Lehmann, Head of Communications at Companisto GmbH.
Companisto is a crowd investing platform where startup businesses only have one contractual partner, namely Companisto.
What advantages does Companisto have over other portals such as Seedmatch.de?
An overview of Companisto’s advantages and innovations:
- No minimum investment amount: Everyone can participate
- Investors benefit in addition to profit sharing, in particular if the startup is also sold (exit proceeds)
- Longer contract periods to protect investors: For this reason profit participation has good initial prospects
- Companisto is VC compatible: In contrast to other providers, Companisto Crowd Investing has been tailored specifically to the needs of major investors
- There are no high minimum investment amounts at Companisto. Investments are possible from as little as 5.00 euros. This is worth it even for instant startups as the bigger the fan base, the more successful the business is. As a result, with the Companisto model there are no administrative costs for the startup. In this respect it makes no difference whether 200 or 2000 investors participate because in any case, the startup has only one single contractual partner with Companisto.
Startups gain “true” multipliers. Companisto also enables young, web-minded, well-connected people to be involved in startups. It is exactly these people, well acquainted with social networking, who are the ideal multipliers. They provide a valuable contribution to the success of startups by their strong communication behavior. Due to the high minimum investment amounts of other providers, this target group has up to now been completely excluded from investing in startups – to the detriment of startups.
Companisto´s participation model has been specifically designed in consultation with venture capital companies so that nothing stands in the way of follow-on investment by VC companies or angel investors after crowd investing at Companisto.
You have already said that the decisive difference from all other crowd investing models is that at Companisto the startup only enters into one contract: Companisto is its only contractual partner. In contrast, micro investors have exclusive contracts with Companisto. This contractual bundling of micro investors by Companisto has enormous benefits for startups.
Due to investor bundling the funded businesses have no administrative costs. Startups therefore only have to make one tax declaration at the end of the year, since Companisto is only a silent partner. However with other providers the startup has to make up to two hundred tax declarations every year because the startup has to enter into an individual participation contract with every micro investor.
The ´VC compatible´ Companisto participation model speaks for itself: Startups at Companisto only have one contractual partner and therefore retain a streamlined and clear participation structure – this is a prerequisite for all follow-on financing by VC companies. At the same time, the Companisto bundling model enables the startup to gain a large number of valuable supporters.
How long does it take for an investor to set up his investor contract at Companisto? The investor receives his participation contract immediately after sending the share purchase by email, together with the share certificate, terms and conditions, and notice of cancellation. You become a “Companist” in a matter of seconds.